Monday, April 28, 2008

Stop Working So Hard...

You got me workin' workin' day and night....Michael Jackson

Today I received this in my inbox....

"Ever notice, Tracy, how when you stop trying to make something work that hasn't been working, new stuff appears and starts working?

It's the coolest thing.... The Universe"

I subscribe to a daily email called Notes from the Universe and they are great.....sometimes a little quirky and in a sense, keep me scratching my head, but usually just what I need when I get it...today's note was just what I needed to shift my perspective...you see we all face these challenges of trying to continue forward with old patterns and ways of thinking that often don't serve us anymore. No matter how forward thinking we are, often times it is hard to break free....until something happens to open your eyes.

A few weeks ago I was at my dear friend's wedding in New Orleans. This was my first time in NOLA and definitely my first time encountering Southern Tradition....another story. Thankfully, I was sat next to the groom's cousin who is an inspiring film maker/ writer/ actress....her next gig....interviewing people about "AHA" moments...and what actually wakes us up to make the changes necessary to move forward in our lives. She asked me this question..."what have been some of your AHA moments?"....I have had so many that I could not even think of one!

Over the years, I feel like I have worked so hard for everything I have wanted and desired, often successfully and sometimes unsuccessfully. I am one of those....loves a challenge. But why do we/ me/ I or any of us have to truly work that hard to move in circles? So when you are spinning....and making no movement, maybe its just time to let go and stop trying to make things work that just aren't working any more (or were maybe never working in the first place). Shouldn't it just be easy? The movement starts and "AHA" this is what it's supposed to be like....just what I needed at the perfect time.

So even though letting go of the non-working elements of our lives often lead to sadness and discomfort...and most likely...disappointment, we can all have faith in knowing that something that does work is just around the corner if and when you let it happen....and who knows...you might even be a lot happier.

I am so grateful for these moments, every day and in every way! Happy Monday!

No comments: