Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Feel Good Please!


I'm Baaackkkk.....I took a long hiatus from writing...my bad, but I am back and writing again...hopefully much more frequently than that past few months!


I sometimes wonder why I continually torture myself doing something/ anything that does not make me feel good. We call them necessary evils....paying bills, revolved triangle pose and the necessary dealings with difficult people....OK so I guess we SOMETIMES have to do things that we don't like and that don't make us feel good....


I got a marketing newsletter in my inbox this morning that spoke about how most of our income is generated from 20 percent of our work/ stores/ accounts/ collection, etc. and that the tendency for most of us is to spend most of our time focusing on the 80 percent (see division above) that is NOT going right. Well, I think that a lot of us do that with things that don't make us feel good either....it is almost like self torture....the dwelling on the negative thoughts in our head....the anxiety over paying the bills....my sciatic nerve and tight right hip in revolved triangle pose (it was a tough one this morning! Thanks Adam!)...and the unpleasant customer who is so draining.....


A friend of mine said to me years and years ago when I was going through a divorce...."all any of us want is to be happy anyway, right?" Although this comment is taken slightly out of context...isolated it is what should all be aiming for and practicing. I think about that moment often in different circumstances, especially because so much of my energy at that time....probably MORE than 80 percent, was focused on something that did not make me feel good at all....


Here is the thought for the day.....deal with the difficult stuff (my sister is on my arse everyday about this), but focus on what makes you feel good..... go have fun, makeout, eat ice cream, sing a song....so much fun! I bet you anything you will be happy if you do! OK, so revolved triangle....I'll give you a try again tomorrow!

No comments: