Thursday, January 31, 2008

Do You Speak Easily?

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say." If only more people realized how true Emerson's words are.

Recently, I met a wonderful woman in my Ladies Who Launch Incubator Group, named, Robyn Hatcher! Robyn, a beautiful presence, graced the room with her fluent speaking style and constructive criticism....so much so, that several of the ladies in the room were often turning to her for advice and help, so to speak.

I think I can speak and convince people that I am likeable and trustworthy, and most importantly, that they should buy my product for those exact reasons. So why do I, at times, not always end up winning the perfect deal or convincing that amazing account that my line is right for them? Apparently, like most of the seemingly and brilliantly eloquent, my approach, ha hum, needed a little help.

In steps Robyn, and her SpeakEasy Workshops where she teaches the fundamentals and the importance of your approach, your body language and how you present yourself. Incredibly, in just 2 hours I was speaking more clearly (and slowly), more relaxed in my being and much more convincing! My plan is to continue to work with Robyn on important presentations....she has changed the way I look at myself and my line!

For more info check out her website at http://www.robynhatcherspeakeasy.com/

No comments: