Friday, February 1, 2008

Laugh till You Cry!

Have you ever notice how your mood shifts with just a little giggle? For me, Laughter is one of the funnest things ever...(yes I said "funnest")! Since I was a child, I have used the power of laughter and smiling to basically get through life...I know that my day is not complete without a full out belly laugh about something. People sometimes stare at me as I am walking to work..... because I am cracking myself up! You may think its odd...but it brings me great joy.

Reasoning and psychotherapy aside (yes, I have been analyzed for my bizarre reactions of laughter to intense situations) , I have found that finding a reason to laugh at any situations is the best therapy money can't buy. I challenge you to try it sometime. My challenge is to try NOT to laugh or giggle when it may appear inappropriate...I know my job is not complete unless someone says to me, "why are you laughing at me?" No dear, not laughing at you, just like to laugh when I am having fun!

Memories of my childhood: my neighbor's nickname for me (smiley), hysterical bouts of laughter after lunch in middle school- as my friend Shannon likes to remind me-brush your braces after you eat tuna fish (eeew- I know), laughing with my siblings (all 7 of them), and finding ways to make light out of seemingly devastating situations is what makes me tick....even as an adult.

Hey, if I can't laugh at myself then I would not be complete! Sometimes a good snort is fun too!

(See photo of me in a hysterical bout of laughter)

1 comment:

ener-G said...

Your ready smile and laughter have gotten ME through hard times as well, my friend!