Thursday, February 28, 2008

Learning to Fly!

Have you ever wondered why, especially in NYC, we come into contact with so many people on a daily basis, but there are a few that have some sort of power and influence on you...and for some reason you can't stay away from them? It's almost like a feeling of soaring or flying, the energy that some people have that keep bringing you back for more, even if you don't know why!

For me, one of those teachers, inspirations, and mentors to me is my yoga teacher, Bryn Chrisman. I met Bryn in her yoga class at Laughing Lotus shortly after I moved to NY about a year ago and a half ago. At the time, I was going through huge transitions....completely transporting myself and transforming my life in a cross country move from San Francisco. The level of stress that I was under was nearly unbearable...thank GOD for Bryn! Although she didn't know it, I could not get enough of her classes. Her quirky sense of humor, hilarious laugh, fantastic sequencing and soulful dharma talks really hit home for me. She has a sensibility that I relate to, intelligent and thoughtful, but definitely not too serious.

At times during this transition, even after 12 years of practice, I found myself wandering away from my mat. I did not feel like myself anymore and I am very grateful that I walked into her class that one cool Sunday morning in November...thanks for bringing me back to my mat...back to my practice and back home.

There are many magnetic people for me in my life and I thrilled to have teachers (friends, mentors and important people) that inspire me and keep me coming back for more...thanks Bryn!

Please please check out her classes at Laughing Lotus in NYC. http://www.laughinglotus.com/

No comments: