Thursday, February 14, 2008

YES!


Happy Valentine's Day....

Many people have mixed feelings about this day of supposed love...over the years I have heard many...Valentine's day is (fill in the blank)...

...the ultimate day of love, a hallmark holiday, the best/ worst evening for a date, it's under/overrated ...The perfect day to get married or engaged...or to say "I love you" for the first time.

My Valentine's day experiences have run the gamut through all of these...a romantic at heart, I have never been extremely excited about Valentine's day...even in those times when I have been in a committed relationship. My experiences have been memorable from going to a party alone (and knowing no one in London), to singles night out with friends, to having a romantic dinner with my significant other. So while other people get depressed and down because they are not on a date...I say YES to this Holiday...what a better day to take care of and love yourself (even if you would rather be loving someone else).

My dear friend, Ashley, walked me through this exercise one time....every morning she wakes up and says "YES" to the day and whatever it brings her....so today, while others are saying YES, I will marry you, YES I love you or YES, let's go out with our friends....I say YES to this amazing day and whatever it brings me. Dinner with great friends and a massage sounds fantastic!

Retail therapy can't be too bad either....ladies, you can buy yourself something at tracymatthewsdesigns.com and receive 25% of with LUCKY breaks. Enter luckybreaks2 at checkout!

No comments: