Thursday, March 27, 2008

City by the bay-e-ayyy

When the lights go down in the city
and the sun shines on the bay
I want to be there in my city
ohh ohh ohh

so you think you're lonely
well my friend I'm lonely too!
I wanna get back to my city by the bayyyyy
ohh ohh ohh
-Journey

Oh it is so great to be back to my city by the bay! The chill in the air...the fabulous organic food...the social and personal awareness of the people here...the AMAZING people and my great friends here....the damp air that makes it feel colder than NY even though it is 30 degrees warmer...the quick moving fog that can turn the most beautiful of days into a grey fog disaster...purple houses...don't get me wrong...I love NY but there is something about San Francisco that just brings me back to center...maybe it is the chill in the damp air, my daily walks or runs down to the GG bridge or catching up with my old and lifelong friends that reminds me of why I am here....in this city and who I am in this world.

There is definitely a reason why everyone should live in SF at some point in their life....and come back later in their life. It is rich...full of creativity, outdoor-si-ness, mellowness and crazy party scene combined (I witnessed and interesting Tuesday night), fantastic culture and architecture and amazing yoga and fitness (I have never come across more tri-athletes...ever) ! I love miss love this place.....but love miss love NYC too...why can't I live in both cities...

welcome to the world Lucca Miller...can't wait to meet you tomorrow...xo!




No comments: